Camping Themed Beginning Of The Year Flipbook

     So the countdown begins to the frenzy of open house.  I don't know about you, but preparing for open house is far more stressful than the first day of school.  You never seem to have everything ready. There is always something that pops up last minute. You think to yourself, did I tell parents everything that I needed to in order to be ready for the beginning of school.  If you are like me, then you overthink open house.

     At my school open house is very, shall we say, informal.  Parents and students come by, meet the teacher, and then off we go.  In the years past, we have had a scheduled time for each grade level where parents sit down for a presentation about what the new year will be like for students.  I really like being able to talk to my parents and give a formal presentation, but often that is not the case for open house.

     This year I wanted to be able to tell parents all the information that I would at a grade level meeting, but I had to be able to make it user friendly.  Our classroom theme is a camping theme, so I created these camping themed beginning of the year flip book for parents.

     My parents were so excited because they could find everything they needed quickly and could put it on the refrigerator.  I was excited because I was able to tell parents everything that I needed for the beginning of the year!  All families have to do to find information such as our enrichment schedule, what day we have library, what homework we have daily, and ways to contact me is to simply lift the flap.

At my tpt store, I have two different versions that are two sided and editable!
 You can find two different versions of my editable flip books for you to use in your classroom.  I have a camping themed flip book like I used above! I also have a two sided Back To School Themed Flip book!
 Camping Theme Editable Back To School Flipbook Back To School Editable Two Sided Flipbook

Good luck on your new year, open house, or meet the teacher night! I hope using a flip book will make your year start off on the right foot!



No comments:

Post a Comment