Halloween Nonsense Words Activity

While nonsense words are not necessarily thought as a powerful tool for teaching, they are a fun and great way to assess what your students know about decoding and which decoding skills they need to work on.  To help me assess student knowledge, I have created some fun Halloween Themed Nonsense/Real Word I Have, Who Has activity sets!

My students love to play games such as these for the first 5 minutes of groups.  For them, it is a fun way to practice decoding, and for me, it is a great way to see where their decoding breaks down!
So, in the spirit of Halloween, I made these I Have, Who Has activities! Find them at my tpt store here!


My set has differentiated levels to help a variety of students in class!

 Here are some examples of what each level looks like:




No comments:

Post a Comment